Ohio River Valley Climate Smart Markets
Could you use cost share to support soil-building farm practices?
Does your operation qualify for our incentives and support?
- Do you currently manage a farm of between 100 and 1000 acres OR do you qualify as “historically underserved by the USDA” (check here for definition of underserved) and operate a smaller acreage?
- Do you raise beef cattle, grow row crops, or do you produce a value-added product that could be sold through our web store?
- Are you interested in looking at your operation holistically in terms of ecology, products, markets and finance?
- Would you like to improve your use of (or get credit for you skill with) regenerative agricultural practices?
- Could you use technical assistance and cost share funds for these practices?
- Would you like to collaborate to build price-premium markets for products grown ecologically and “climate-smart”?
- Are you interested in planting trees in marginal areas, stream buffer strips, or to create light shade for your livestock on grazing lands?
If you answer yes to these questions, then we would like to collaborate with you.
Contact us to make a plan, and receive up to $10,000 cost share assistance, plus a $1500 incentive through our Ohio River Valley Climate Smart Markets project. Supported by the USDA Partnerships for Climate Smart Commodities.
Click here for detailed information about and NRCS standards for relevant practices.