Mt. Folly Enterprises Inc. is a small business in Winchester, KY. We are professional, innovative, and enjoy managing complexity. Our goal is to source, produce, promote, and distribute food, beverages, and supplements in ways that respect local lands and which work for customers.
Our work environment includes:
- Cheerful office setting in affordable small town
- Growth opportunities
- Position on the leading edge of regenerative agriculture and ag climate policy
- Customer-centered approach and skill-building opportunities including on web and in stores
Mt. Folly Enterprises Inc. has recently been awarded a USDA “Climate-Smart” Grant to help farmers implement practices which store greenhouse gases in the ground by improving soil, to measure the climate impact of these practices, and to market the resulting “climate-smart” consumer products. Currently, Mt. Folly Enterprises Inc. owns and operates Laura’s Mercantile, LLC and Regeneration Distilling Co. We offer CBD products, herbal products, craft spirits, and meats and eggs raised on farm in our local brick and mortar storefront. We will be building a regional climate smart beef and whiskey brands.
We are excited to be hiring for four new positions:
- Marketing Specialist
- Wholesale Rep/Inside Sales Representative
- Staff Accountant
- Grant Program Coordinator
All positions are full time with the following benefits
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
Interested parties please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org ; Marketing Specialist applicants should also send a work sample and/or portfolio link.
Marketing Specialist –
- Social media planning, creative, execution, and message management
- CRM via email for customers and Klaviyo email marketing strategy
- SEO idea generation and copywriting ability
- Basic Photography
- Keyword research, analysis, and content strategy; Analyze keyword ranking reports and analytics data to make recommendations
- Evaluate website to identify areas of improvement and potential issues for end users
- Work with our web developer to optimize website performance including site/page load times, mobile friendliness, and increase time on site
- Associates or Bachelor Degree Required
- Related experience in marketing, promotions, or sales
- Basic understanding of regenerative farming or willingness to learn
- Familiarity with common social media platforms
- Willingness to learn Klaviyo and other design suites
- Strong oral and written skills
- Creative nature
- Good sense of customer tastes and preferences
- Experience in consumer product marketing
- Any level of graphic design experience
- Understanding of regenerative farming and/or climate smart commodities
- Interest in creating short form vertical video
This position is entry level and will provide opportunities for growth. This position will be in person during normal business hours, but willing to be flexible as life happens.
Wholesale Rep/Inside Sales Representative
Mt. Folly Enterprises Inc. has recently been awarded a USDA climate-smart commodities grant. It currently owns and sells products for Laura’s Homestead Alternatives CBD, Laura’s Hemp Chocolates, and craft spirits of Regeneration Distilling Co. This sales position will be responsible for wholesale sales to current and new accounts for Laura’s Homestead Alternatives CBD and Laura’s Hemp Chocolates.
This includes some self-distribution, sales, merchandising, in person marketing, and weekly sales meetings with management. This position is entry level, but will provide opportunities to sell other product lines which we are expanding or in development and/or grow within the company to other positions.
Ideal candidate will have great written and oral communications, have a basic understanding of CBD and the hemp industry, and have an interest in regenerative farming.
Compensation will be salary based with sales based bonuses.
Mt. Folly Enterprises Inc. is a small and growing business in Winchester, KY that has recently been awarded a USDA Climate-Smart Commodities Grant. Mt. Folly Enterprises is a professional, agile, and farm-centered organization that has goals of creating and selling climate-smart consumer products, providing technical assistance and soil health monitoring for farmers, and creating wealth for employees. Mt. Folly Enterprises Inc. owns and operates Laura’s Mercantile, LLC and Regeneration Distilling Co. Mt. Folly Enterprises Inc. has outsourced to a local CPA firm for all accounting needs for the last two years, but with the grant and the need to grow, we have decided to bring this position back in house.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Traditional accounting knowledge and experience
- Sound understanding of GAAP – P&L and Balance sheet completion and analysis
- Able to produce and adjust budgets and cash flow statements
- Ability to process payroll is preferred, but not essential
- Distinguished experience with spreadsheets and data analysis
- Some understanding of HR matters, PTO monitoring, health insurance payments, other benefits payments and contributions
- Have passed or willing to test and pass the CPA test
A general knowledge of the hemp and alcohol industries is preferred Candidate must be willing to undergo a financial and criminal background check.
The candidate will work directly with the CEO to continue to build companies and grow sales.
Grant Program Coordinator
Mt. Folly Enterprises, Inc has recently been awarded USDA funding for a new program which links *technical assistance and support for farmers, *monitoring/ measurement/ verification of changes in soil carbon sequestration, and *marketing for climate-smart products.
We seek a new team member who would help to coordinate the work ongoing in those three areas, working closely with the Project Lead. The Climate-Smart Program Coordinator works administratively to link work between the farm team, the MMV team, and the marketing and business development team. This includes developing the back-end forms and processes for tracking data which is required by USDA.
Candidates should have :
- an affinity for land, the living, farming and rural people
- attention to detail and some experience with grant enrollment and reporting protocols
- strong organization, planning, and time management skills
- comfortable communicating in the language of the different teams
- capacity to assist with financial and grant reporting work